1310 nm Forward Transmitter - Standard
About the Product
The 1310 nm Forward Transmitter Module - Standard series (FT3S) is designed to plug into PBN’s latest generation Advanced Intelligent Multiservices
Access platform - the AIMA3000.
PBN AIMA3000 FT3S series advanced forward transmitter is available in single and dual port configurations. It is designed for multi-services operators (MSOs) to increase network capacity to satisfy an ever-growing subscriber demand for more bandwidth. The FT3S Multi Quantum Well (MQW) Distributed Feedback (DFB) laser transmitter module allows for full-spectrum analog/digital broadcast and narrowcast channels over the entire 1218 MHz space, which provides utmost flexibility for MSOs during the all-digital transition.
The laser transmitter module is available in optical power levels from 2 dBm to 15 dBm (1.6 mW to 31 mW). The module offers a superior frequency response, as well as an extremely low distortion profile and low noise characteristics. The FT3S incorporates specialized circuitry to deliver the best possible CTB and CSO performance of up to 1218 MHz. It employs the latest in broadband linear amplifier technology. In addition, it has a cutting-edge optoelectronic design for the delivery of high-quality transmissions, in both analog and digital formats, over passive fiber-optical networks.
|Optical wavelength||1310 nm ± 10 nm|
|Optical outputs||1 or 2|
|Output power||2 dBm to 15 dBm|
|Optical connector||SC/APC (1), FC/APC, LC/APC, E2000/APC|
|RF bandwidth||45 MHz to 1218 MHz|
|RF flatness||±0.75 dB|
|RF input return loss||> 16 dB|
|RF input level, NC nominal (2)||25~35 dBmV per channel|
|RF input level, BC nominal (2)||15~25 dBmV per channel|
|AGC range||± 3 dB|
|Isolation of NC and BC||> 50 dB|
|RF impedance||75 Ω|
|RF test point relative to RF input port||-20 dB ± 1 dB|
|Isolation between transmitters||45~1000 MHz: > 65 dB
1001~1218 MHz: > 60 dB
|RF input connectors||Single: 2 x GSK-type female (1 for NC, 1 for BC)
Dual: 4 x GSK-type female (2 for NC, 2 for BC)
|RF test points||Single: 3 x Mini-SMB (3)
Dual: 4 x Mini-SMB (4)
|Alarms and laser status||Front-panel LEDs, SNMP Traps|
|CNR (5 MHz NBW)||> 53 dB|
|CSO||> 65 dB|
|CTB||> 70 dB|
|MER||> 39 dB|
|Power supply||Powered via AIMA3000 backplane|
|Power consumption||Single: < 8.0 W
Dual: < 15.0 W
|Operating temperature||-5 ℃ to +55℃|
|Storage temperature||-40 ℃ to +70 ℃|
|Operating humidity||90% (non-condensing)|
|Storage humidity||90% (non-condensing)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||24.6 x 410 x 152.5 mm|
|Supported network management options||PBN's NMSE or through ASMM's Web Interface|
(1) Standard option. Contact a PBN Sales Representative for availability of other options.
(3) Three mini-SMB connectors on front panel: one each for BC and NC inputs and one to measure RF input before the laser.
(4) Four mini-SMB connectors on front panel: Two BC inputs test ports and two to measure RF input before the laser.
(5) Four mini-SMB connectors on front panel to measure RF input before the laser.
(6) CNR, CSO, CTB and MER are loaded with 30 NTSC+124 QAM256 or 30 PAL D/K+85 QAM256. All are measured with PBN referenced optical receiver with 10 km single-mode optical fiber 0 dBm.
(7) CNR, CSO and CTB are loaded with 42 CENELEC. All are measured with PBN referenced optical receiver with 10 km single-mode optical fiber 0 dBm.
1310 nm Forward Transmitter - Standard
Number of Optical Ports
Optical Output Power
2 dBm (1.6 mW) optical power
4 dBm (2.5 mW) optical power
6 dBm (4 mW) optical power
8 dBm (6.3 mW) optical power
9 dBm (8 mW) optical power
10 dBm (10 mW) optical power
11 dBm (13 mW) optical power
12 dBm (16 mW) optical power
13 dBm (20 mW) optical power
14 dBm (25 mW) optical power
15 dBm (31 mW) optical power
First Channel Last Channel
(Option for CWDM configurations only, if not used omit X1X2 when making an order) (3)
Optical Connector Type
45 ~ 1000 MHz
45 ~ 1218MHz
(1) Default spacing is 20 nm. For other wavelength configurations not listed, please contact PBN.
(2) X2 used only in dual transmitter versions.
• Dual version, X1 is first channel and X2 is second channel.
(3) For example, A-FT3S-S-02-F-1G refers to an order for an FT3S with a single optical port, 2 dBm of output power, an FC/APC connector, and 45-1218 MHz of bandwidth.
(4) Option for CWDM configurations, the maximum optical output power is 12 dBm. Suggest apply for QAM signal transmission, for others application , please contract with PBN. CWDM and O-band products are indeveloping.
(5) Standard option. Contact a PBN Sales Representative for availability of other options.